Our second TRADE FOR IT contest has started! This contest will end on September 31st at midnight. The Winner will be announced on Octobter 1st!
We’re excited to run this fun contest that will repeat throughout this project. We’re going to post items or services and leave it to you to tell us what you would trade for it! We’re going to start off small and then build up the awesome-factor of the prizes as we get further into this project.
Item up for trade: $500 GIFT CARD FOR THE RIDER STORE!
Do you bleed green? Show your Rider Pride with some new gear from the Rider Store! With $500, you’ll be dressed in green from head to toe.
- Post a photo comment on the Facebook Post about this contest or send me your offer to email@example.com
- No money! We don’t want cash. Think of things like other gift cards, household items, sporting goods, drawings and art, electronics, tools, etc. The key to a successful trade is offering something of relatively equal value.
- No hard feelings if we don’t want what you’re offering! Just because something might have a higher cost doesn’t necessarily mean that we will want it at this time or see the same value in it – a lesson in barter!
- You must like the House Trade Built Facebook page to win!
- Share with your friends to give them the opportunity of winning too! It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with.
Once we get the offers in, we’ll select a handful of the best and post them on the Blog. It will be interesting to see what people are coming up with. On October 1st, we’ll select the winner and make a deal.
October 1st Update:
Well, another round is over! It was fun to see all the offers that were made for the $500 gift card to the Rider Store. We love that people are getting creative and coming up with items they think might interest us.
The nature of trading is simple – if you have something the other person wants and you want what they have in return, a trade could be made. Are the values the same? Are both items available immediately, or would one party have to hold a IOU? These are some factors that came into play when we made our decision.
Items that we were offered include:
- 1995 Nissan Pathfinder
- professional landscape design
- professional photo of McCord grain elevators proior to them being demolished
- $500 worth of professional photography services
- maple bacon cupcakes for all of the crew
- a case of girl guide cookies
- custom built closet shelving in the master bedroom
- a crocheted ninja turtle toque
- Irish soda bread and Guiness beer
- new Bulova watch
- 500 days of good karma
- a bag of men’s and women’s clothing to be donated on our behalf
- Rider support from a Blue Bomber fan
- plumbing services
- 5.1 Pioneer receiver
- pair of Seante Williams turf cleats
- a camera
- $500 worth of Tupperware
- custom painting
- box of baby necessities
- Dremel saw max
- red paper clip
- babysitting services
After weighing the pros and cons of the items we were considering, we decided to go with……………………..
The landscaping design!
We wanted to trade for something that we could use immediately (the future closet shelving and plumbing services were tempting but we aren’t ready for them yet) and the landscaping design was something we could have done right away (even though we won’t be landscaping until spring). The landscaping design can happen at any time during the project and is something we were considering anyways in order to make the property appealing to the masses. The cupcakes and cookies were also tempting but we didn’t think our waist bands would like that trade.
All in all, we had fun, and hope you did too! Stay tuned for more great contests. I’ll give you a hint about the next one…… it’s pretty as a rose and you’ll have to watch for it. Keep checking back on our Facebook page for updates!