I sent the pictures of features we liked in the homes we toured during the Open House Extravaganza to KRN Residential Design last week. Kelly and his team made a few tweaks and just sent back two more options for us to consider. The main floor is complete, and we love it.
Main Floor features we love:
- large dining area
- spacious kitchen with large 4×7 island
- walk-thru pantry
- cute kitchen office/desk space
- large foyer with a closet and transom window…I plan on adding a shelf/bench/coat hangers under the window, kind of like this picture:
The second floor poses a question – which one? Both plans are awesome. It just comes down to what we think will appeal to the majority of people.
- laundry room with window for natural light
- gigantic master closet
- Smaller ensuite (though it still has a separate shower/tub)
- 12×12 master bedroom – is this big enough?
- 17×11 master bedroom
- large master closet
- laundry closet – small but maximizes space with shelving and drawers (just like the picture on this post)
- ensuite looks more spacious than Option A
Bonus: Did you see how they tweaked the Jack and Jill bathroom?! Yay! Two children will be able to get ready in the morning. One can shower, and the other can still use the sink to get ready. We were able to make this design work by removing the linen closet from the hallway. There is enough space in the bathroom beside the sink to put built-in shelving which will store towels and linens for the two kid’s bedrooms. The linens and towels for the master bedroom will need to be stored in the master closet.
We have the weekend to make up our minds, and then it’s time to pull the trigger and get started on the electrical plan and exterior choices for the house. Tick tock.
Which option would you pick? Why?